Blazing Studios / BlazeCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and welcome to the website for Blazing Studios and its official server!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
CC License
Creative Commons License
This license declares that Douglas Bacon owns the necessary rights to the title BlazeCraft and Blazing Studios.
Information!
Server IP: 144.76.29.202:25588 Online server map: 94.23.211.77:12801
Donation
Want to support Blazing Studios or BlazeCraft? Please donate here!
NEW BlazePack Server!
The Current State of the Server and Community EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am by theonlysos
IP: 94.23.1.6:25584

Hosted by BlazingStuidos Co-Owner, Blazex8.

You're all welcome to join.

Blazepack version: 1.32
MC version: 1.6.4

Blazepack link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/blazepack.316880

Platform URL (For those of you who are too lazy to use the top link): http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/blazepack

Server is still in 'testing' phase with this modpack, so …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» The BlazeCraft Mod Pack
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby DPMSproductions Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:28 am

» What Would You Do If... - Game
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 am

» NEW BlazePack Server!
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby theonlysos Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am

» Ginjtaghe - Forum Spam
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby DPMSproductions Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:32 am

» Ban the person above you - Game
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby DPMSproductions Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 am

» The Current State of the Server and Community
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby Satan Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:34 am

» Broken the forums silence
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby Satan Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 am

» Happy Birthday Douglas
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby DPMSproductions Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 am

» VeoServ Summer Sale
The Current State of the Server and Community Emptyby DPMSproductions Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Current State of the Server and Community

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DPMSproductions
Staff Officer
Staff Officer
DPMSproductions

The Current State of the Server and Community Empty
PostSubject: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 am

So, the server has been officially down for a couple of months now, with the senior staff (owners and co-owners) shedding no light on the current situation. All we know is that Forloftol plans to host Blazecraft on his own from the custom built computer dubbed "Blazer", which he plans to get sometime around Christmas. However, I have trouble believing this. Below, I will state my opinions on the current situation that the server is in.

As stated above, Forl plans to get the Blazer around Christmas. If you've known Forl for awhile, you'll have trouble believing him. Forl actually planned to have the Blazer around Christmas of last year, after our other esteemed owner, Blazex8, got the prototype version of the Blazer sometime in October. That was 10 months ago. 10 months later, and Blaze still hasn't even gotten the prototype, which leads me to believe that Forl will not have it around Christmas of this year. Now, we all know that with great power comes great responsibility. As owners of the server, Forl and Blaze are expected to be active as often as possible. I just checked Forl's profile, and his last visit to the forum was in July. Blazes profile is no better, with his last visit being a month before Forl's. Remember, these are the owner's we are talking about; the people responsible for the welfare and moderation of this server. If they are not visiting the forum, is the server truly dead?

I don't believe so; at least, not fully. As long as even three members are active on the forum (myself, Satan, and Goldy), there is still hope for the server. However, the hope lies not in the return of the owner's, but in the actions that must be taken by the playerbase. As members of the server, it is our duty to support each other, and join frequently. When the server isn't up, and the owner's are staying in the dark about it, it is hard for us players to do our job. A well-functioning server relies on both the playerbase and the owners. If the owners are nowhere to be found, what do we do? We take matters into our own hands.

Recently, Forl has been staying off networks like Steam, Skype, and Teamspeak. Therefore, it is rather difficult to reach him. However, even when he was active, any questions regarding Blazecraft were quickly shrugged away. This shows not only a failure to be present for his server, but also a failure to be responsible for it. No matter who you are, whether you're a mod, vet, admin, or staff officer, we need to be there when the owner's aren't. We are the ones who carry the server forward, we are the ones who make a server what it is. If the owner's don't start showing up and taking responsibility for what's theirs, it's time to move on.

Sorry about the wall of text, but thanks for reading anyways. Please post a reply with your thoughts on the current state of the server and the community. Thank you for putting up with my rants! Here's a picture of Paula Deen riding a stick of butter:

The Current State of the Server and Community Wwgmxu

Regards,
DPMS
Back to top Go down
Satan
Staff Officer
Staff Officer
Satan

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:47 am

For the most part, I agree.

I don't see the need for the server to stay down for so long, why not just pay for it to be hosted until Forl can host it himself from the Blazer? It's pretty simple and it's not like Veoserv ask for much money from their services. (It was £5 a month for Sos' server to be hosted, before it died)

To go with your theme of random pictures, have this.
The Current State of the Server and Community LdT9gmT
Back to top Go down
Goldheartz
Admin
Admin
Goldheartz

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:26 am

Mmmm. I remember the blazer fiasco. But yes; it aches me not to be ablentomplay on blazecraft. Once I actually have money; i'll be glad to sonate. <3
Back to top Go down
Forloftol
Owner
Owner
Forloftol

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 am

To answer this in a single phrase: Exams and college.
In the month of July and the month after, I was having exams every other day, after which I had to think about the college I would be going to and what courses I would be studying. I doubt anybody can fault me for focusing on that and not the server.

As for myself getting the Blazer, as of now I have £400 put aside to purchase the parts for the custom rig, I predict I should have enough in a couple of months around Christmas - Should all go to plan.

I'll not sugar-coat the fact that there have been mistakes, massive ones, and they're unforgivable. But you also have to understand that, not only does life come first, but having the server up also costs money - Especially with the large amount of RAM that it requires in order to both play with the mods that we were AND to have plugins such as LogBlock and other services.

Now, to address my absence from services such as Skype or Steam, I'll just refer you to the first paragraph of this post. Even now I shan't be too active because my course at college has only just started, and with that, a very large adjustment and need to shift around my personal timetable. It's not an easy feat - And I can easily predict that all of you will go through most of the same, if not all, of the problems which I have gone and am still going through in relation to this.

If you are still here when the server is reactivated, that'll be great, but that still won't be until Christmas at the earliest. I shan't blame any of you if you decide to move on to another server - Considering all of the difficulties that we have had. My activity, as of now, will be slowly returning at a steady and not accelerating rate. Hopefully you'll understand this.

Once the server is reactivated it will be renamed, we will have a new forum, and also a new command structure that people will be more favorable towards will be put in place.

If you would like to contact myself, at any time, I will always be online at one of the three following services:

Facebook: Douglas William Bacon (Click the latter to be directed to my profile.)

Steam Username: Forloftol (Click the latter to be directed to my profile.)

Skype Username: Truth593.BlazingStudios

It's been great to have your support so far, it really has, and I apologize if I can have it no further.

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
https://blazecraft.forumotion.co.uk
DPMSproductions
Staff Officer
Staff Officer
DPMSproductions

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks for the reply. It is truly good to have some light shed on the current situation. I know that I will definitely still be here when the new server makes it's debut, and will be supporting it all the way.

Looking forward to it!

Back to top Go down
Satan
Staff Officer
Staff Officer
Satan

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:34 am

I may be late, but I've been bored out of my mind recently, there isn't really much to do right now, so I'll probably still be in the shadows for when the server goes up... whenever that may be.

Have this:
The Current State of the Server and Community OruQTdk

Last edited by Satan on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I almost forgot to put an image in... heh...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Current State of the Server and Community   The Current State of the Server and Community Empty

Back to top Go down

The Current State of the Server and Community
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blazing Studios / BlazeCraft :: Our Minecraft server :: General Discussion-
Jump to: